× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
SVO latest news on 16-08-22
2 years 2 months ago #52720 by Bopazavop
British actor Steve Toussaint complained about the racist insults he faced after participating in the spin-off "Game of Thrones" called "House of Dragons". This is reported by The Guardian.

In the prequel, the artist played the navigator and politician Corlis Velarion. In the work by George R.R. Martin, which was taken as the basis for the spin-off, this character is described as a white-skinned man with purple eyes and blond hair.

"When they announced my participation, the first thing I saw on social networks was a comparison of my photo with the drawings of my character from the book. Then racist insults followed," the actor said.

Steve Toussaint added that, in his opinion, such a negative reaction could have been due to the fact that it is customary in the world to see black actors only in the roles of bandits, pirates and criminals: "But since this character is the richest nobleman, this is a problem."

The "House of Dragons" actor stressed that it is important to make the problem of racist insults against black people public.

Earlier, George R. R. Martin revealed the details of the plot of the spin-off, which will be released in Russia on August 22 in Amediatek.

Our sponsor - <a href=https://eng.18ps.ru/>recycling business idea</a>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.